COVID-19 Safety Precautions
The New England Challenge will be taking safety precautions to protect our race participants and our staff/volunteers. Below are our safety measures:
1. Athletes will need to fill out a COVID-19 Questionnaire (if you are running both races, you will need to fill one out for each.) This will be e-mailed out the first week of May 2021.
2. Each race day, all participants will be temperature checked, beginning at 5:30AM.
3. We will section off each table into 12 equal parts labeled with the athlete's BIB number. We will provide individual water bottles and GU energy.
4. Face coverings must be worn at the start of the race and any time you are within 6 feet of another person. This includes when crossing the timing mat and by the aid station with volunteers. Failure to comply will result in the runners immediate disqualification.
5. Depending on the number of participants, we may implement staggered starts.
6. Racers will be required to wait in their car until five minutes before their assigned start time.
7. Upon completion of the race, runners are expected to leave the finish area.
8. Runners must comply with travel restrictions imposed by the state for each race.